Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spring is in full force!

Spring has arrived! I have successfully swept the second blanket of pollen off of the front porch.

During Nick's saturday grass cutting and working in the yard, he came across a snake behind the shed (below). Well, the snake was behind the shed and luckily Nick saw it before walking through the gate. So instead he climbs along the side of the fence to try to determine what kind of snake it was -but he could only see the tail. Apparently it wasn't big, but regardless, it was snake!!


And as I was watering the plants in the front yard and the ferns on the front porch, I came across two birds nests - one in each fern. The one below had baby birds already hatched, as you can tell...


and the other had eggs!!


we also have lots of bunnies and squirrels - maybe we will have baby bunnies soon? not if the snake can help it - its tough when you have such an example of the food chain or circle of life in your front and back yards!


No comments: