so, I finally set up a blog. there are so many times I have all these thoughts I just want to jot down. well, here's my opportunity!
as I was plugging in my ipod to my computer at work today, i realized that many of my childhood memories are triggered by james taylor songs. anyone who knows me wouldn't be surprised since my family is avid JT followers. most family trips we took growing up, we listened to JT's tunes - rather thats what Dad played, not necessarily what I wanted to listen to; specifically - "copperline" reminds me of our trip to Hersey, PA for some sort of christian convention. the Northside children's choir, Star Kids, performed a musical - i don't remember what it was about, i barely remember anyone that was with me, however, I do remember Carol Goodlet, our music director at the time, instructing us to keep our eyes on her the entire time - no matter what was going on - even if someone got sick or threw up - for us to keep our eyes on her. and matter of fact - that is exactly what happened, not only on the stage, but also in the audience.
this past weekend we went skiing at Bryce Ski Resort. It was great - hardly any people there, however only a handful of slopes - which was ok with me. Dad and I skiied, Nick and Harrison snowboarded - on the lift to the top of the mountian, Dad kept asking if I remembered our last ski trip to Canaan Valley, WV with the youth group - I don't remember it. I think I might have a vague recollection, and I may have some pictures, but I just don't remember. On the way home, Dad decided to go on a little adventure & try to find the places we stopped at on a canoeing trip back in the day. Not surprisingly we found it - and he continued to ask me if I remembered it - and I didn't - I don't. It must not have been associated with a JT song, or we don't have pictures of it... (which is hard to believe).
and thats the other thing - many of my memories are jogged by pictures. maybe thats why I love taking pictures.
ill try to post some pictures from the weekend soon.
God is good!
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yay! you have a blog now:)
HEY! this is Jake! I'm glad you have a blog...and you've been honorary JBCers for a while now.
Post a Comment