Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Better Together

Nick's on the road again -- well, he will be on Saturday when he flies to Austria for two weeks. TWO WEEKS!!! The first week he is going to a seminar in Telfs and the second week he is going to visit a Wheel Loader factory in Bischofshofen. His coworker from Austria may also take him snowboarding!!! The weekend he flies back to the US, he will return to Wilmington where we will visit with his family for the weekend and attend a wedding. Monday, Nick will jump back on a plane in Wilmington and fly off to Albuquerque, New Mexico until Thursday. Meanwhile, I will be home - well not the whole time; I will be in DC for an appropriation law class for a few days. I hope to visit with some of my CU friends in the DC area! In May I also get to travel to Nashville for a Summer's bachelorette weekend, which should be a lot of fun!



All of this to say that I'm very happy and excited that Liebherr really wants to invest time and money in Nick learning all about the company! And I'm learning ever so slowly how to deal with life. There are many life lessons I've learned that have transcended multiple areas of life. One lesson, in particular, I've leanred while working with DEVELOP has been accepting continual change, sometimes rapidly and other times slowly. Through Nick's travels I feel like I'm growing more and more fond of him as each trip passes. These are feelings I've never felt before and I'm recognizing how much marriage has made an impact on our lives. Additionally, I'm learning to trust God to be with Nick while he is away from me.

Nick probably didn't realize how much I'm learning how to deal with all of this until last night when we were sitting in Starbucks and the tears exploded from my eyes. Hopefully I got all the crying out of my system, but I'm not anticipating the feelings of missing him.

Needless to say, I will find ways to keep myself busy and to make the time pass quickly! Things to look forward to in these coming weeks:

- Keno!!
- Community Group
- Visiting friends in DC
- Visiting Nick's family
- Potentially visiting Campbell
- Sunday mornings
- Shopping!?
- Getting new (and more) responsibilities at work (although I'm staying in the same spot)
- Finishing our thank you notes
- Finishing some photo albums
- going to Tabb baseball games with Sarah
- getting coffee!!
- cleaning out my room at my parents house

Another thing I'm going to work on while Nick is gone is strengthening my relationship with God. This weakness is only contributing to these feelings of loneliness while Nick is gone. Thankfully I know only God can fill that void.

1 comment:

v.taimani said...

hey linds..

i was talkin to some guys i firefight with and when they told me they work as full-time firefighters at moffet field nasa space station, it reminded me of you both.. hope yall are doin well.. im sorry to hear nick is away from you.. its never easy bein away from my wife.. tell him i say hey and and miss yall.. take care..