Monday, April 7, 2008

Thinking about You

{{Listening to: Norah Jones, "Feels Like Home" - brings back memories of driving back to school from trips to the mountains}}

Last week I was in DC, this week I'm SO glad to be home. I love it here - family is close, friends are close (not all, I miss those that aren't close VERY much!), it can't get much better. There is nothing like coming home when you do not want to be away! Unforuntately, Nick wasn't waiting for my return - he is still in Austria. I can't WAIT to greet him at the airport on Friday.

On the other hand, it wasn't nearly as bad last week than I initally thought. It was so wonderful to visit with Jeanna - and I was so thankful she drove down for dinner! The dreaded appropriation law class was actually entertaining and I learned how not to break the law while doing my job - valuable information... Many thanks to my wonderful husband for giving me his old bluetooth so I can talk to my friends, Michelle, Heather, Courtney, on the car ride to and from DC - it was wonderful to catch up and a great way to make the time pass. The week also came to a wonderful end - a wedding reception were I was able to catch up with many long time friends, spending quality time with the Brown family - taking pictures in photobooth with Mrs. Brown's new Mac Book, watching Pride and Prejudice with Heather, Mrs. Brown and Sarah, and sharing a Sunday afternoon lunch with their family. It just reitterated why I love living back in my hometown.

Life has been interesting to say the least - through all of the hustle and bustle, traveling to and fro, I'm not getting too bogged down with it - thankfully. Mom was in the ER for a brief stint this weekend with abdominal pains - a CT scan revealed a clean bill of health, although she didn't feel that way. She has diverticulosis and the docs believe it may be very early signs of diverticulitus. They sent her home with a restricted diet and pain meds. She is doing better and will be off to Philly on Thursday night to give a presentation on Friday. Additionally, when Nick returns from his travels, we will probably be shopping for a new (used) vehicle soon to replace the good ole' red nissan since its not far from "out of commission".

Also, since Nick has been gone, I have realized how much I like things put in there place - you know, orderliness - not that Nick has anything to do with that, since he usually keeping things organized... It makes me feel like I can be most efficient with space and time when things are put away. This was partly reflected in my Keno gift on Monday night - an over the door purse organizer - and it REALLY works. I learned that some people don't value functional items as much as I do - and thats ok. {Note to self}

This weekend will be fun-filled - road trip to Wilmington to 1. pick up Nick, 2. visit with his parents, 3. attend a wedding, and 4. have lunch with Mrs. Debbie on Monday. I'm SO excited for all of those things, but most of all - seeing my husband!

Now that I have demonstrated, through my stream of conciousness writing, how I obtained the title to my blog, I will now back tracking a bit to include some photos from our ski trip in February and my time in DC...


Check out my man rockin' it on the snowboard - this week he got a real taste of skiing though, in the Alps!

Dad and I

The coolest brother ever (can you believe he is 16 already?!?!)


Amber and Amy Jo came to visit me in DC -



Quick visit to the White House...


Also, Happy Birthday to NASA - 50 years - www.nasa.gov. I'm thankful for an awesome job!

No comments: